Emily writes an array of goings on from our side of the fence. Ryan adds the bizzaro stuff.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Feeding Fish

I had a great visit with Jeff, Jill, Clara and Emmett today. We went to the garden shop, had lunch and the kids and I fed the koi. Clara and I chose to feed the fish, while Emmett chose to taste the pellets himself. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

I brought the dogs over to the house and Clara made Ryan a little video that I'll try to publish in a separate post.

The pups have hung out with several dogs over the last couple of days and have done really well. The Whitacre fam came over for dinner last night and brought Rusty. The dogs played in the back yard while I made dinner and Rusty kept our two running. He's only 20 pounds, but he's fearless!
I've decided to plant a garden this summer. There's a small raised bed in the back yard that is suffering from neglect and screaming for some veggies. I have never grown anything so this is going to be an adventure. Any green thumbed relatives or friends are welcome to come dig in the dirt with me.

I've gotten to talk to Ryan twice since he flew out. He's been in Kuwait doing some training and waiting for the plane to take them to Iraq. He is ready to start his job and looking forward to ticking off the time until he comes home. We're at 8 months and counting!

No comments: