Emily writes an array of goings on from our side of the fence. Ryan adds the bizzaro stuff.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The garden is planted!

I got the garden planted last weekend and I am looking forward to seeing the little sprouts!
We'll have cucumbers, beans, peas, zuccini, salad greens, swiss chard, chives, green onions, baby carrots, kohl rabi, 3 kinds of tomatos, spinach, cilantro and basil.
I did seedling starts of a couple of them, but it's mainly seeds. So far there hasn't been a frost and we're in good shape with a little bit of rain.
I still have to move the cinder blocks that were lining the garden- those were a pain to dig up! I put up a fence and now the dogs are a lot cleaner when they come in from the yard.
My neighbors have been very helpful and I appreciate the gardening advice. I can't wait to have so many seedlings that I have to thin them out!

No comments: