My first week "alone" went by very quickly thanks to the many who made sure I wasn't alone!After Ryan left on Sunday, Tanya, Heather & I went to a denim warehouse sale then to the Market for lunch and gelato. I had forgotten how packed the market is with tourists. Heather was talking about how strange it is that as natives we have done so few of the "Seattle" things that people travel across country to experience. It would be fun to play like an out of towner some time and do some of the touristy things like ride the Duck or the underground tour- although Tanya says it's just really dark and slow moving!
The fact I've been so distracted at work finally caught up with me so I've been digging myself out of overdue projects and timelines that I am a month behind in setting. After staying late Monday and Tuesday, I raced home Wednesday night. I caught a glimpse of the lunar eclipse on my way to Jill's for dinner- how cool was that! Jeff was traveling, so Clara, Jill and I ate yummy soup and hung out.
Kadi joined me Thursday for dinner and dog training. The pooches did really well and I am very proud to say that we have been on several walks alone and they are getting easier every day. Training went fairly smoothly, Bonnie only went after one dog and I can't blame her, we were in pretty tight quarters. Kadi was a star though, she managed to get Bonnie under control with very little effort. We have one more class then I'm on my own to remember everything we've learned!
Friday I took the opportunity to relax and made it through chapter 9 of 21 in Spy Game. If watching Brad Pitt couldn't keep me awake, nothing could.
Saturday I met up with Kate and Laura for brunch and some shopping. Kate and Jeremy are getting married next month so we did some pre- wedding preparations and did some major damage at the Mac counter at Nordstrom. It was a girl crazed hay day- we had a blast and Kate looked gorgeous in her new makeup. We picked up her dress and went to a funky little shop in Queen Anne called Rhinestone Rosie. We looked for a long time at everything they had, but in the end I held back. Hard to pass up such sparkly objects.
That night I joined about 8 other girls for Texas Hold 'em. When I left at 12:30am I was the first out and Kadi had just won two large pots in a row- I have no idea how long they were playing after I left, but the heat was on! Heather and her girlfriends plan a monthly gathering, and now that the rust is off my game- I'll be back!
Today, Sunday, CeCe and I walked Bonnie & Clyde at the park and they were perfect! CeCe is a great dog lover and the dogs took to her immediately. We bummed around for a while after the walk and eventually took the dogs in to Mudd Bay for some grooming tools and treats. They were a hit and are now devouring the lamb bones that I bought them for dinner. They think they are in heaven.
This afternoon I went to see the Sierra Refugee All Stars at the Pantages in Tacoma. They are a band that formed in a refugee camp in Sierra Leone. They were incredible and had people up dancing the entire show- Phil and Krysta had coordinated the group and they didn't miss a song. It was a great show. Afterward I met my mom for dinner at a great little pizza joint in downtown- for those who know about my love for the pie, you know it was a great end to the week.
So, now starts week two. It finally started sinking in today that we have started what is going to be a really long year. Ryan and I have talked at least twice a day since he left and I still feel his absence in everything I do. I will be putting together care packages and sending them regularly, so if you have a card or an item to include please let me know. He will love to hear from you.
Much love and thanks for keeping me busy!
Em

No comments:
Post a Comment