Emily writes an array of goings on from our side of the fence. Ryan adds the bizzaro stuff.

Monday, December 3, 2007

3.5 weeks before the wedding

We're counting down toward the wedding! It has been a fun couple of weeks, figuring out the plans and details. Everything has come together beautifully and we are looking forward to sharing the day with family and friends.

We are expecting to receive orders in the next week or so that will finalize Ryan's plans for Iraq. It's going to be a nervous couple of weeks, wanting to know - but not really wanting to know. He posted some information about the base they are headed to. It is the largest Air Force base in Iraq. With that comes some comfort knowing that he will be working primarily with our troops. I am learning all sort of military-speak and will be able to keep everyone updated as well as they allow.

We have also decided to re-adopt Bonnie and Clyde, Ryan's American Bulldogs. They have spend a couple of days with us getting to know the new place and I am looking forward to caring for them. It does mean that I have to find safe homes for my two cats. Mardi is headed to stay with a girl I work with, and Ellie is going to be our new office cat. I am glad that they are not going far and that I can ensure that they are safe and well cared for. It was a hard decision, but I couldn't stand the idea of them not being safe at home. The house is set up perfectly for dogs and they are already very attached to the back yard. Ryan brought them in the house and instead of heading for the couch they went directly to the back door. They haven't spent much time lately off leash, so it will be good for them to have some room to run.

Ryan's finals start next week and go until the 17th. It's a brutal class load and he's looking forward to less heavy material next semester. The result of the deployment is that he will take a full year off and start in January 2009, finishing in May 2010. We are aiming at JAG and will keep positioning ourselves for that goal. Anyone up to visit us in Naples?

Jeff and Jill are spearheading the day before the wedding plans, so keep an eye out for more information! Much love!

Emily

No comments: