Emily writes an array of goings on from our side of the fence. Ryan adds the bizzaro stuff.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

New car! New Phone!

Although I know it's obnoxious to focus on the cool new stuff we got when both were the results of tragedy- it is what it is, I am going to look on the bright side.

On Valentine's Day Ryan was hit just a half of mile from our home and the RDX was totaled. He fared well considering the impact and is feeling much better now. We just (today) had our new car delivered, and Acura MDX. It's pretty snazzy. All the things we loved about the RDX, just a little larger and equipped with a DVD player. We're headed to Aaron and Cindy's cabin in Packwood tomorrow and will test out all the fancy new features.

Another really fun addition to my life is my crackberry curve. I am still learning to be socially appropriate with it and my impulse control is being tested at every turn. For those who didn't get the shameful email in January - the new phone was the result of a mishap with the washer... and dryer and my poor little shiny blue phone. It was a sad occasion and even more sad because I got Ryan's hand me down phone and he has had his new blackberry since mid-January. I was so happy to get it, it was almost as exciting as getting my ears pierced in fourth grade (another thing I waited sleeplessly for).

In the months that Ryan has been home we have had some fun reunions. Family and friends have gathered to raise a glass, share stories and celebrate. Ryan's law school classmates hosted a fun evening at the Canterbury in Seattle- I added a picture of Kadi and Ryan from that night. Kadi graduates this year and we are so proud of our friend who like a little sister to us.


Last month Josh Bos, Ryan's best man and best friend, returned home from his second tour to the Middle East. He was at Fort Lewis for a week while he completed processing to go home. We went to dinner together and were so happy to send him home to his beautiful wife and daughter.

I'm sure I'm getting this all out of order, but it all happened in February!

The sisters in law and I went to River Valley Cheese for a cheese making class. We made chevre, mozzarella and ricotta. It was a great time, although my hands smelled of funk for quite a while. The next big sister project will be cheese making!

We celebrated Maddie's 3rd birthday in early February with a Pink Party. The most tough girl in the world decided that pink was the only thing she wanted and her mom (who tried desperately to steer her away from pink) delivered on the request. The party was great fun and Haden is such an sweetheart.

A busy month and still so grateful to have my hubby home! Ryan is still enjoying his law school classes and we are looking forward to warm weather and getting out on the Ducati!

Yeah daylight savings time!

No comments: