Emily writes an array of goings on from our side of the fence. Ryan adds the bizzaro stuff.

Saturday, October 25, 2008





It's been a while since I updated the blog so here's some photos of what I've been up to.

Earlier this month I took a trip up to the mountains with two couples from my ALF class. We hiked the Cascade trail and took advantage of an absolutely gorgeous Fall day.










Then Karyn treated a group of friends and family to a fabulous weekend at Fort Columbia State Park. I got to visit all my favorite places in Long Beach and got to see come of the Coastal towns Ryan and I will explore during our New Year's trip. The house we stayed in was the old hospital on the Fort grounds. It was a perfect place to spend the weekend, plenty of space to roam and fun bunkers and trails to explore.

Jeff, Jill and the kids came over and took me to dinner at Le's. It's Ryan and my favorite Chinese restaurant and it was a real treat. Jill was craving pie so we went to Shoofly Pies afterward and had a sampling of just about everything in their case. Clara is still talking about the pie! Afterward we came back to the house and were able to Skype Ryan. The kids were so cute talking to him, he was so surprised at how big Emmett has gotten- talking and all!

Heather and I have a regular Thursday date and she brought the dogs a treat. It was a large stuffed bear that they tore in to with such vigor I let them keep it until it was completely empty of it's stuffing. They loved it. Amazingly, they didn't go for a single toy the kids brought with them when they stayed the night. I think they knew that bear was evil (:

I went to see Kallen play flag football last Saturday. He has a great time on the field. It reminds me of my early softball days, watching the serious third grade athletes play the infield and those there for the cammeraderie in the outfield performing cartwheels and throwing grass in the air. It was good to see the kids and after the game they came over to my dad's place to see the new house. They just moved in last weekend and I am so impressed with what he had accomplished. The house is absolutely beautiful!

Heather joined me that night for a fun evening with Maddie, Clara and Emmett. Aaron and Cindy were headed to a family dinner and Jeff and Jill were going to an anti-Palin party (which I was in full support of), so the kids came to be with me! We had a great time. Heather brought over toys she has for her niece and nephew and was the best mediator I've ever seen. She got everyone playing together and was a champ all evening. I am so grateful to her! The kids thought the car ride was the best since they were all lined up in the back seat. I got whose carseat was whose confused, so they all got to try a new one out. Only Clara really seemed to notice and she was sure to tell me that she was right about which one was hers when Aaron took Maddie's out of the car. "Aunt Emily, I was right. You were wrong, right?" Yes Clara, you were right. (: She was so happy.




Ryan is home in about 40 days - we're looking to the second week in December. He is so very ready to be home! The countdown is on and I almost have all my projects done in the house. All rooms are painted and I built shelves in the office. Next is the closet then everything I wanted to have done by the time he got back will be finished! It has been a long year, I can't wait to see my hubby!

No comments: