Emily writes an array of goings on from our side of the fence. Ryan adds the bizzaro stuff.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Polyphonic Spree- an experience to remember

I wrote a month or so ago about an upcoming concert we were going to, Polyphonic Spree. It was last week and I highly recommend checking them out.


Imagine this, 21 musicians in a full-court press and Ryan is rare form running about in a spree of his own. I think it was Ryan's classmate Kadi's most perfect musical experience, I was entranced by the music and scene on stage and Ryan was in a world of his own fully engulfed by the joy that is Polyphonic Spree. It was a rare Thursday night! I just wish I had pictures, it was completely surreal.

Ryan's birthday celebration is next Friday and we are really excited to have people join us for dinner and the SuperDiamond concert. 30, a real milestone. Ryan says that all those that had money against him making it to 30 can bring cash to the celebration and pay up! (:

Next weekend Ryan also has his first Navy uniform inspection. We have 4 versions of uniforms in the closet and all of them seem really over the top. We went to the Coast Guard base today to find chloroform shoes (aka patent leather) and his ribbons. I may attempt to iron the inside/outside prescribed lines in to the uniform, but I think Ryan might have to tackle that one. He went to his first drill weekend and was chastised for not folding his sleeves correctly in his BDU's so I can't even imagine the precision needed on dress blues.

His unit was put on alert this week for a potential deployment to California to help with policing the displaced Marines as well as controlling the looting. So far it appears the winds have changed and we haven't received a call sending him down. It would not be very good timing since many of his classes are now in prep mode for finals. Amazing how quickly time passes.

We are looking forward to the holidays with family the next couple of months and are very grateful and happy that Layne's test results came back negative. Nothing like a health scare to make you realize the value of family and life.

Much love to you all, we hope to see you soon-
Emily

1 comment:

NoelPaterson said...

Aren't the polyphonic spree just a bunch of crazy hippees? Lookin' forward to SD this weekend! Woot!