2 weeks to moving day! We're getting closer and the house is getting emptier and emptier- the garage on the other hand is getting cubed out! I did hold my first garage sale weekend before last. We're down to one set of everything. Ryan missed the selling frenzy, he had Navy drill that weekend. I kept calling with new items I was putting out- we cleared out quite a bit!
We think we found a renter for the Tacoma house, we're just finalizing things and we should be set for October. We're getting excited about our new space, it's going to be fun to get it set up as ours.
Ryan started classes about 3 weeks ago and is finding that what they say is true about your second year. The saying goes that the first year they scare you and the second year they work you. He's definitely working- class schedules have him on campus two nights a week until 9:30. He also started a new internship at the start of classes with a law firm in Tacoma. He's been enjoying it so far, and has gotten to do more in the time he's been there than he did all summer at the first internship. It's been a great move.
The summer concert series ended with the best show yet - Stevie Wonder! It was an amazing experience, one of those people you will always remember seeing in concert. This weekend we have End Fest at Qwest Field and next weekend is Clap Your Hands. Kadi, one of Ryan's classmates, also got us tickets for Polyphonic Spree (I think that's what it's called). I can't spell it or say it, but I'm excited about it! I hear it's kind of a pop choral ensemble all dressed in robes. It should be interesting!
We also decided to have the wedding when we originally talked about it, at the end of the summer of '08. We promise we will send out a save the date as soon as it's settled- we'll give you plenty of notice!
More to come as the new chapter unfolds!
Emily
Emily writes an array of goings on from our side of the fence. Ryan adds the bizzaro stuff.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awesome! I will see you on moving day! Hey, can you turn on RSS for this site, so I can have it show up on my home page? I know Matt and Karen's blog allows that, and they are using Blogger.
:):)
Post a Comment